North Conway is a wonderful town for families, with plenty of activities the kids will love. From hikes to museums to one of a kind amusements, look no further than the White Mountains for plenty of family fun.
We have a variety of rooms well suited to families, including suites and rooms with bunk beds, that can accomodate families of all sizes. With indoor and outdoor pools, close proximity to restaurants and shopping, it's never been easier to take a getaway with the kids at any time of year!
Written by Tiffany Hutton
- The Conway Scenic City Railroad is always a hit with the whole family. The old fashioned steam trains depart from a classic Victorian station in North Conway Village and go throughout the surrounding countryside on different excursions. Before you depart, take the kids to Zeb's General Store. The nostalgic whimsey of Zeb's, named for “a colorful schooner captain” is sure to delight all ages.
- The MWV Children's Museum has no end to fun for elementary school aged children. With educational exhibits from a castle to dinosaur center to a tree house, craft room, and even outer space, this is a wonderful place to play. There are also regular events, like Music for Kids and the Children's Expo that could be a fun excuse for a visit to the White Mountains at any time of year.
- Diana's bath is especially family friendly with wide, well-maintained trails that are flat and easy to navigate. Take a short hike to the falls and enjoy a swim or simply absorb the beauty of nature and snap some photos. There are picnic tables, so pack a lunch or bring some takeout and enjoy a morning or afternoon letting the kid enjoy the great outdoors.
- Echo Lake State Park is also a popular family destination, with a mile long auto road, plenty of hiking trails of different difficulty levels, and beautiful views of the White Mountains and Saco River Valley from Cathedral Ledge. For older kids and teens, there are rock climbing faces here as well. -
- Clark's Trading Post features a variety of kid-friendly attractions that you won't find anywhere else, from trained bear shows to Chinese acrobats to train rides and a unique show by the famous Clark's Wolfman. Bring the whole family to this White Mountains favorite and you'll have a lot of stories to tell!
- Don't forget to enjoy the Green Granite playground and indoor and outdoor pools! Along with the antique car in the lobby and checker's board, there's plenty of fun to be had at the Inn itself!